- (When) Is Cardinal Pell going to Rome?
- Cashing in on Blessed Mary McKillop
- Anglicans joining the Church update
- The Pope on abortion and gay 'marriage'
And for an example of what the Pope is talking about, go no further then the tv show 'American Family', due to start on Ten next week (to be avoided at all costs; protest to Ten instead of watching). The comedy show apparently focuses on two couples - one heterosexual, one homosexual (plus adopted child) and is clearly attempting to portray both as 'normal'. But there are limits to what people will stand for it seems, and the show (to the horror of homsexual activists) limits the PDAs in the case of the homosexuals to hugs instead of kisses in order to avoid inducing the 'yuk' factor in its audience. You can find an interesting analysis of the show here.
Similarly, an article in The Mercury reports a call for Australia to introduce gay 'marriage' and thus allegedly gain 'worldwide respect', from actor Sir Ian McKellan, who was speaking in Melbourne.
- The cost of keeping out asylum-seekers
- Indigenous policy watch
- The debate on capitalism and the crisis
- The purpose of higher education
But for something more positive on this front, The Record has an article on Campion College's proposed new Centre for the Study of Western Tradition.
- Life under Islam - persecution of a Dutch MP
- Attempting to normalize Islam - 'fashionable' hijab's