Here's this weeks round up of Oz traddie news - please, if you do know of any upcoming events (or of new TLMs) that you would like publicized, do let me know!
And I'd be very interested if anyone would care to send me any piccies of Exaltation of Holy Cross Masses celebrating the first anniversary of Summorum Pontificum next week....
In the meantime:
- The main focus is on Victoria this week, where legislation to decriminalize abortion is set to be voted on - please do lend your prayers to this cause. You can read more on the diocesan website;
- Two new TLMs in Adelaide, particularly useful for those like myself who when visiting tend to stay on the Southside! They are: St Anne's Chapel, Finnis St, Marion, first Saturday at 9.00am; and Mary Help of Christians (Old church), South Rd, Morphett Vale, 2nd Sunday at 10:30am;
- The latest editions of Oriens and Fidelity are now out. Both have extensive features on WYD (with Oriens focusing mainly on Juventutem; Fidelity on the Sisters of Life). Please do subscribe to them!
- Psallite Sapienter advises that Fr Rowe is running his annual Ignatian retreat at Toodyay, an hour's drive from Perth from 5-10 October. I know Perth is a long way to go for most, but how many retreats are there on offer in Australia with daily trad mass....
- Please do register for the Christus Rex pilgrimage as early as possible - make it easy on the organisers!
- Not strictly Australian, but the Confraternity of St Peter (associated with the FSSP) has a nice new site. It includes some nice materials, such as online copies of their periodical.