Friday, 2 August 2013

FSSP news

The Australian FSSP website has (at last) been updated to reflect a number of changes, viz:
  • Fr Marko Rehak, who was based in Parramatta, has been appointed as Associate Pastor of St Clement, Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada;
  • Fr Wong becomes chaplain of Maternal Heart (the announcement that it is to be made a personal parish on August 15 is now up on the Community's bulletin);
  • Fr. Damonn Sypher has been appointed Assistant Priest to the Maternal Heart community;
  • Regional Superior Fr Blust is chaplain for Parramatta; and
  • New Zealand no longer has even a nominal FSSP presence.
Australians (and particularly those from his home town of Canberra) will want to keep Fr Rehak especially in their prayers - glad he was able to arrive in summer and get acclimated before he experiences a real winter (and I know whereof I speak having experienced a couple of years as a parishioner of St Clement's myself!).

11 comments:

Kate Edwards said...

Please folks give yourself a name! I will not approve comments with no identifier, no matter how interesting they are!

Lionel said...

I only looks the fssp site rarely (as you say, itsn ot updated often). What happened to Fr Rizzo? He seems to be missing from the Sydney/Parramatta section? Has he gone back to the US?

Kate Edwards said...

Lionel - Fr Rizzo is now a diocesan priest, incardinated in Parramatta.

And to answer one of anonymous'(!) questions, Fr Define is now in Tulsa, Oklahoma: http://fssp-tulsa.org/

Maureen said...

My eldest son has just moved to Ottawa; he told me that overcoats there are filled with down and rated to -30.
So I will not be visiting in winter.
Father Rehak kindly brought back a Baronius missal for me a few years ago, when he returned from a trip to America, and I think of him with gratitude every Sunday.

Matthias said...

Good to see a TLM parish being formally erected in Sydney.

Jonathan said...

Hi there. I will remember Fr Rehak in my prayers. How long will he be in Canada before returning to parramatta? Fr Rizzo is now based at Doonside. An exceptional priest he is! :)

Kate Edwards said...

I'm not sure how long Fr Rehak's appointment is for or whether it is indefinite - but I don't think there is any necessary expectation that he will return to Parramatta. They are an international society and so in theory can be posted anywhere the FSSP has an apostolate.

Anonymous said...

Aurelius

While you say that New Zealand no longer has even a nominal FSSP Presence', please be assured that things are going well here. In Christchurch, the Transalpine Redemptorists have taken over the FSSP duties. In addition, they also say Extraordinary Form Vespers and Compline at the new chapel of Perpetual Adoration.

A Canberra Observer said...

So Fr Vail has departed to the US I suppose ...

Andy said...

Who is the regional superior in Ottawa (FSSP) ?

Kate Edwards said...

Andy - I'm not sure that Canada has one, I think it is part of the North American District. But you can find the Ottawa website here: http://stclement-ottawa.org/en/contact/