We are coming up, this week to September 14, or the anniversary of the freeing of the Extraordinary Form (EF) (aka TLM) from the requirement that the diocesan bishop formally approve its use.
Accordingly, I though this might be a good opportunity to reflect on what, if any progress, has been made in the spread of good liturgy in Australia!
And also to update the listing of just what masses are available around the country, which I suspect are all rather out of date.
I therefore to invite you to post a comment about your community - I'll save them up and publish them together with an overview, starting on Friday.
Things you might like to include:
- who are the priests who say Mass for your community/in your city;
- Mass times;
- website/sources of information;
- other community activities;
- how many typically attend the EF/excellent OF Mass each week/growth of the community?
- challenges your community faces (ie lack of a priest/hostile bishop/availability of a church) etc.
- things your community should/can be particularly proud of (vocations, choir, charitable activities, etc).
As well as regular EF communities, I'd be happy to highlight special events (including upcoming ones), and other forms of the liturgy (Reform of the reform, Eastern rite, etc) that you think are worth publicizing as options for those desiring more than the usual parish Mass...