First to thank everyone for their efforts on the comment campaign!
There are now quite a few good comments up on the Melinda Gates story (though its not obvious to me at least why some others have been rejected, but still).
I note that comment acceptance seems to have come pretty much to a full stop.
That's fair enough: a pause for some rethinking is no bad thing.
So unless you see something truly awful, I'm calling off the blitz them with comments campaign for the moment!
Of course, all bets are off if the previous practice resumes...
Not exactly a good news day it has to be said, but truth speaking is needed too, so these stories do need to be told:
- another bishop 'Toowoombed' as Rorate Caeli has dubbed it, this time removed for fraud. Close on the heels of a Canadian bishop laicized after being found guilty of possessing child pornography. Cleaning up the Church, bishop by bishop;
- more on the Legionary scandal. They really do just need to be abolished; and
- the abortion debate in Brazil, where 80% of the population still support Catholic teaching - but that hasn't stopped the courts de facto legislating...;
- some good stuff on how not to argue with atheists;
- and a Cath Blog piece which is trying to make a point about listening respectfully, but which actually says more about the worthlessness of the cult of the facilitator that is embedded in so many organizations these days!; and
- a piece on an upcoming Sandhurst diocese education conference that involves lots of people, and even if some less than inspiring speakers (Fr Brennan strikes again!), fair enough to report it I think.