Today's feast: The Epiphany (EF)
- The Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith has released a communique on a note (to be released tomorrow) on how to celebrate the Year of Faith (not to be confused with the Oz Year of Grace!)
- A Burnie, Tas priest, Fr Tony Kennedy, has called for the crosses to be taken off Hot Cross Buns already being sold in supermarkets, on the grounds that it debases the religious significance of the symbol.
- The Courier-Mail highlights a project involving Caritas to aid the settlement of Congolese women in Brisbane.
- Archbishop Doyle of Tasmania promotes the corporal works of mercy in the Christmas context;
- Bishop Connors of Ballarat invites reflection on the blessings fo 2011 and talks about events including Madrid WYD and the Ad Limina visit;
- Msgr Marriott, Diocesan Administrator of Sandhurst;
- No Christmas messages from Bishop Prowse (Sale); Bishop O'Kelly (Port Pirie); or Bishop Hurley (Darwin).
Just a note that I've added a link to the blog of Sydney Auxiliary Bishop Peter A Comensoli to the sidebar. The bishop is also a twitterer. Good to see...