|Source: AP Photo/Pier Paolo Cito|
- The Apostolic Visitation of Institutes of Women Religious has finished, handing in its final report;
- The SMH highlights the Pope's comments to diplomats on Monday reiterating the importance of the family and opposing same sex marriage (as a commenter has noted, taking a typically pro-homosexualist slant on the story);
- A Christian convert originally from Iran is missing in Victoria and feared kidnapped by Islamic militants in response to her efforts in converting other Muslims;
- The Canberra Times reported yesterday that 200 schools plan to dump school chaplains in favour of hiring secular welfare workers following changes to the Federal Government program. The program, introduced by the previous Liberal Government, has long been controversial, and dominated by evangelicals.
- Federal Liberal MP Teresa Gambaro continues to be under fire for saying migrants should be taught to use deodorant and how to queue (!) to help them integrate.**For a nice response on what migrants really need to know, read The Punch's take on the issue;
- A worker for immigration detention services provider SERCO has been suspended after posting facebook comments saying Muslim children in detention didn't deserve Christmas presents, and were being taught by their parents that wife beating was acceptable.