Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Comments policy...

Dear readers,

Given the controversial nature of some of my posts at the moment, in the interests of promoting debate, I am allowing anonymous comments for the moment (and if there is anything else I can do to make it easier to comment, do let me know).

I would entreat you, though, to give yourself a pseudonym so that as a debate progresses we can all tell who is who (if it gets confusing I'll reject any posts that don't do this), and track you over various posts!

So please do comment.

Just remember to focus on the issues raised in the actual post rather than raise red herrings; to focus as much as possible on what people say and do - their words and actions in other words, or lack thereof - rather than engage in ad hominem attacks (on me or anyone else!), and to keep it polite.

Do bear in mind that this is a site that seeks to promote the catholic faith: those genuinely seeking to understand where catholics are coming from, or seek after truth are welcome to ask questions and debate; those simply seeking to promote error, however, may well find their comments rejected (I'll normally make an exception for anyone whose material posted on other sites I comment on, if they wish to respond directly here).

I do reserve the right to reject any comments (it is my place after all), but I do encourage you to tell me why you think I'm wrong (or right);should or should not say something; or best of all, contribute to the sum of knowledge on the topic under discussion...

No comments: