Saturday, 18 June 2011

Trinity Sunday


Eastertide is officially over, and so we celebrate the feast of the Most Holy Trinity. 

And now for something completely different!  This youtube item is seriously weird, something I stumbled across looking for recordings of the Athanasian Creed, traditionally said at Prime on Trinity Sunday.  I have to say that while not the music I normally listen to, I found it kind of intriguing rather than offensive - the Athanasian Creed read in Latin with a heavy metal accompaniment (?!).  But if you think heavy metal/rock music is the work of the devil, skip over this one and listen to the next selection, for a nice version of the Vespers hymn for the feast, instead...



And now for something more like my usual fare, to help you recover from the shock:

2 comments:

Stella Orientis said...

Gah. American Latin!

A Canberra Observer said...

I don't have any language training but my ear would have said 'french' actually.