Tuesday, 23 November 2010

The Australian Bishops Conference is meeting, please pray...

On my latest hunt around the net today for upcoming Vigils I stumbled across one bishop's diary entry for...a plenary meeting of the Australian Bishops' Conference, November 22-26.

I checked the main ABCB website but could find nothing to confirm it.

But on their facebook page, this item appeared a few hours ago:

"The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference ask for your prayers as they meet this week. You are all in theirs."

I suspect that means yesterday was essentially a travel day, and it is only just kicking off.  In any case, we should certainly pray for them.

Of course, it would be even better if we had some indication of what the agenda items are (though one can always speculate...)!

My recent piece on the problem of bishops conferences in general, and ours in particular, can be found here..

No comments: