Holy Week ceremonies
I'll hold off on reminding you about upcoming events until after Holy Week! In the meantime, ceremony times for most Australian traditional communities are in the right hand side bar - thank you to all of those who have kindly sent these in.
One thing people may care to add to their list, is the Chrism Mass at your local cathedral, as a gesture of support and appreciation of your bishop(s) and priests (noting that depending on your diocese, this may involve a greater or lesser degree of suffering in liturgical purgatory, to be endured in solidarity with your traddie priest assuming they attend!). The times and days for capital cities I could find on the web are:
- Adelaide - Monday, 6pm
- Canberra - Monday, 7.30pm
- Melbourne - Tuesday 11am
- Perth - Tuesday 7.30pm
- Hobart - Tuesday, 7.30pm
- Parramatta - Wednesday, 7.30pm
- Brisbane - Thursday, 7.30pm
- The Archbishop of Westminster-elect is Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Birmingham. Though traddie reactions have been mixed, most seem to think he is one of the better possible choices in the mix....
- The Pope has announced an Apostolic Visitation of the Legion of Christ, following further revelations about their founder in recent months;
- More American bishops have come out in protest against the University of Notre Dame's invitation to President Obama to address their graduation ceremony and receive an honorary degree;
- April 3 marked forty years of the Novus Ordo missal. If you want to vent, Rorate Caeli is the place to go, with some over the top pieces and rants in response of the kind that give traddies a bad name...