Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Comments by anon!

A couple of people have let me know that they have been deterred for making comments by the requirement to have some kind of online identity - yes, it was a deliberate move, I was getting sick of rejecting comments from people without any name attached.

The requirement for an identity is easily solved - just sign up with blogger, live journal, wordpress or any of the other 'open id' services, all you need is an email address. Failing that, you can email your comment to me and I will post it on your behalf as I've already done once.

However, given that two of my regular commenters appear to have been affected, I've returned the setting to allow anyone to comment for the moment for a trial period while they obtain an identity at the very least! But please, provide a name or pseudonym with your comment.

1 comment:

Marty said...

Also you could always choose the name/url option. Just leave the url space empty. :)