Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Where are you all from?

When I first started blogging I have to admit I became totally addicted to the statistics from my webcounter, absolutely fascinated by where people came from, how long they stayed on the blog and so forth. I'm afraid while I enjoy writing, I wouldn't really bother if I didn't think someone was reading - every now and then I start keeping a diary, for example, but I never keep going very long!

These days though I'm much more relaxed about the stats, only taking a peep every now and then, to reassure myself that either I haven't turned everyone off, or you are all still reading in fascinated horror!

I do still review the stats a bit more thoroughly occasionally though - it gives me some clues, albeit indirect, as to whether or not I'm hitting the mark or not (not that I necessarily am moved by this!). Some types of stories, for example, always cause a jump in the stats - the ongoing Brisbane saga for example - but I'm not necessarily inclined to make them regular fare! Other types of posts, such as on lectio divina, seem to be a bit of a turn off for some - but those who do read seem to stay a bit longer than usual, so are presumably reading it carefully, and that makes the effort of putting together material like that (writing doesn't necessarily take that long; but finding matching pictures etc can take a lot of time) seem worthwhile!

One of the most interesting parts of the stats reports is where people come from. I like to see all the Oz locations - this is after all my main target audience! But do also get a thrill from seeing the interesting places some of my readers come from!

I took peek this morning...and here is what I found in terms of the locations of my last one hundred visitors. Sorry if your location doesn't appear - depends on when you looked at the site as to whether or not your location made the list! Also the location indicator can sometimes aggregate people to larger cities - I once had someone from Nelson NZ show up as Christchurch, nearly a thousand kilometers away!

With that in mind....

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Nashville, Tennessee
Derby, United Kingdom
Plano, Texas
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Lons-le-Saunier, Franche-Comte, France
Norwalk, Connecticut
Pompano Beach, Florida
Unknown
Perth, Western Australia
London, United Kingdom
Melville, New York
Hsinchu, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
Caboolture, Queensland
Perth, Western Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Wollongong, New South Wales
Thatcham, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Sydney, New South Wales
Unknown
Melbourne, Victoria
Melbourne, Victoria
Brisbane, Queensland
Sydney, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Melbourne, Victoria
Sydney, New South Wales
Hobart, Tasmania
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Acton, Massachusetts
Maryborough, Queensland
Melbourne, Victoria
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Melbourne, Victoria
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Melbourne, Victoria
Senlis, Picardie, France
Perth, Western Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Sydney, New South Wales
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Melbourne, Victoria
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sydney, New South Wales
Split, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
Sydney, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Melbourne, Victoria
Sydney, New South Wales
Saint Louis, Missouri
Sydney, New South Wales
Brisbane, Queensland
Adelaide, South Australia
Sydney, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Houston, Texas
Voorhees, New Jersey
Dallas, Texas
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Washington, District of Columbia
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Perth, Western Australia
Brooklyn, New York
Wollongong, New South Wales
Melbourne, Victoria
Washington, District of Columbia
Brisbane, Queensland
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
United States
Perth, Western Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Denton, Nebraska
Melbourne, Victoria
Adelaide, South Australia
United Kingdom
Newcastle, New South Wales
Adelaide, South Australia
Unknown
Sydney, New South Wales
Singapore
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Singapore
Oxford, Oxfordshire
Durham, North Carolina
Unknown
Sydney, New South Wales
London, United Kingdom
Sydney, New South Wales
Ulverstone, Tasmania
Melbourne, Victoria
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Sydney, New South Wales


Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Felix said...

Good to note that the Holy See is keeping a paternal eye on the blog!

Felix (from Canberra)

+ Ioannes Episcopus Roffensis said...

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if Dario Carinal Castrillon Hoyos, or the new chap at CDWDS, or even Papa Ratzinger himself were reading this. I'm guessing you'd let benedictxvi@hotmail.com comment anonymously if he asked! "Vot is zis nonsense in St'Mary's Zouth Brizbzne, den?!?"

Anonymous said...

Glad to see, Rochester, that you're wearing the proper pre-reformation sub-mitrale, and not the repulsive counter-reformation zuchetto.

+ Thos. Wolsey

Archieps. Eborac.

Card. Presb. Sae Caeciliae trans Tiberim.

Primas ac Cancellarius Angliae.

Legatus a latere.

cg said...

Shouldn't that be 'Primus', Tom?